Friday, August 9, 2013

Odds and ends for your weekend reading

 

I’d like to draw your attention to a short video on the misguided policies and fiscal irresponsibility that are hobbling the state of California. As Victor Davis Hanson, Joel Kotkin, and other analysts explain, these problems are severe, but it’s not too late to change direction and save the Golden State from economic ruin. To watch the video, click here.

As the video notes, environmental regulations are a big part of the problem. Unfortunately, in his new global warming initiative, President Obama proposes intensifying these kinds of economically destructive policies. I discuss the president’s plans in an article on National Review Online available here. I also share my thoughts here on the president’s offer of corporate tax cuts for more government spending.       

On another note, I’d like to congratulate my alma mater, Liberty Elementary School, and its students, teachers, and board, for kicking off the school year yesterday at a brand new campus. I recently attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for the Tulare school’s new facility, where it looked like the Liberty Lions are in for a great year.
 
 
Finally, I’d like to thank readers for the boost in traffic to the revamped Nunes Digest. Updated on Fridays, the Digest is a compendium of the week’s notable news stories. To see the Digest, go to my website homepage here.