Saturday, June 2, 2018

CNN goes nuts

I spent the last few days touring Valley ag and businesses. Thank you to Mid-Valley Pipe and Supply, Kaweah Brewery, and the Minkler Cash Store for hosting me, as well as the growers who gave me a look at the current pistachio crop. A few pictures of my visits are below.





While I was on some of these visits, CNN was trying to track me down. They seemed mystified why I was ignoring them but took the time to send out a picture of the pistachio crop - apparently, for them, paying attention to agriculture is a waste of time, while ignoring CNN is an unforgivable offense. Click on the picture below to see their reaction:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrqaQILecwA&feature=youtu.be

I appreciate the attention from CNN, but to be honest, I think looking at a nut was a much better use of my time.