Monday, December 14, 2020

Fake News reports my fake COVID-19 diagnosis

On Friday, I donated blood plasma to the Central California Blood Center for their trailblazing convalescent plasma program to help patients combat COVID-19. While on The Ray Appleton Show that afternoon, I disclosed that I donated plasma that day because I had tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies. Immediately, dozens of national journalists falsely reported that I tested positive for COVID-19, which Twitter then uncritically amplified. This bizarre fake news reporting was captured in an article by The Federalist, which you can read here.

If, like me, you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies and are healthy, please consider donating plasma to the Central California Blood Center. To learn more about donating, click here.