Wednesday, July 14, 2021

House Republicans aim to modernize America’s dysfunctional health care system

I recently met with Craig Castro, President and CEO of Community Medical Centers, to discuss my efforts to provide Central Valley residents with high quality, affordable, and personalized health care. As the co-lead of House Republicans’ newly formed Healthy Future Task Force, I will be working with my Republican colleagues to craft legislative proposals that empower patients, lower costs, and expand choices and treatments for a healthier America. We will also strengthen U.S. manufacturing of medical products to reduce our dependence on Communist China and other nations for medical supplies.

Americans deserve better than Democrats’ ineffective, one-size-fits-all, government-run health care system. I’m eager to continue working with local health care networks like Community Medical Centers to develop a modern, innovative, and flexible health care system that meets the needs of my constituents and the American people.